By Theodore X. O'Connell MD, Mayur Movalia MD
Crush Step 2: the final word USMLE Step 2 Review-the identify and popularity communicate for themselves! Drs. Theodore X. O’Connell and Mayur Movalia carry a clean viewpoint to this relied on vintage that provides you the main high-yield insurance of the entire distinctiveness and subspecialty wisdom verified at the latest administrations of the USMLE Step 2 examination. A well-written, simply obtainable process, with lots of beneficial lists and tables, makes learning enjoyable. you will additionally locate a number of information, insights, and counsel on maximizing your ranking and on getting the main make the most of computer-based simulations. if you happen to understand all the strategies during this e-book, you need to do far better than move USMLE Step 2: you want to overwhelm STEP 2!
- Confidently arrange for the forums with the textual content that's relied on and suggested by way of millions of scientific students.
- Focus on crucial details and grasp it successfully with completely up to date, high-yield insurance of all the strong point and subspecialty wisdom demonstrated at the most modern USMLE Step 2 examination, so that you will be convinced you are learning the cloth you really want to know.
- Spend extra time learning and not more time looking because of a well-written, simply available technique, with lots of priceless lists and tables to spotlight high-yield data.
- Review the whole gamut of crucial matters with insurance of epidemiology and biostatistics, pharmacology and microbiology, cardiac body structure, and simple EKG pathology, in addition to universal and life-threatening illnesses encountered in orthopedics, urology, ophthalmology, neurosurgery, pediatrics, vascular surgical procedure, and different subspecialties.
- Get the clean point of view and perception of recent authors, Drs. O’Connell and Movalia, either winning authors of evaluation products.
- Learn from the adventure of the Resident evaluation Board, made out of high-scoring members, who reviewed the booklet to make sure relevancy and accuracy.
- Confidently organize for the forums with the textual content that's relied on and instructed by way of hundreds of thousands of clinical scholars and has been reviewed via a board of high-performing (99th percentile) scholars.
- Enhance your studying and realizing with completely up to date pictures all through together with a bankruptcy devoted to full-color, high-yield pictures (with extra photographs available in your clever telephone through QR codes).
- Challenge your wisdom with USMLE variety questions on the finish of such a lot chapters, extra on-line assessment questions, and bonus pictures and questions obtainable in your shrewdpermanent telephone through QR codes.
- Free limited-time entry to the overwhelm Step 2 query financial institution on USMLE seek advice plus for purchase.
Trusted and instructed by way of millions of best acting clinical students
Read Online or Download Brochert's Crush Step 2: The Ultimate USMLE Step 2 Review, 4e PDF
Similar professional books
This well timed and exhaustive learn deals a much-needed exam of the scope and results of the digital counterfeit exchange. The authors describe a number of shortcomings and vulnerabilities within the digital part offer chain, which can lead to counterfeit built-in circuits (ICs).
Particular complexes of protein and RNA perform many crucial organic services, together with RNA processing, RNA turnover, RNA folding, in addition to the interpretation of genetic details from mRNA into protein sequences. Messenger RNA (mRNA) decay is now rising as a major regulate aspect and a tremendous contributor to gene expression.
"Many Anatomy and body structure (A&P) textbooks were written, such a lot of them are constrained through the absence of an important financial institution of self try out fabric. This ebook fills that area via offering the scholar engaged in energetic studying possibilities to evaluate their studying in the entire center parts of A&P. The explanatory suggestions fabric following solutions to the attempt questions is great.
- Case files. / Pathology
- Future Professional Communication in Astronomy II
- Information Literacy Instruction. Selecting an Effective Model
- BRS Behavioral Science, 5th Edition
- Autism: Professional perspectives and practice
Extra info for Brochert's Crush Step 2: The Ultimate USMLE Step 2 Review, 4e
Complications include tympanic membrane perforation (bloody or purulent discharge), mastoiditis (fluctuance and inflammation over the mastoid process 2 weeks after otitis), labyrinthitis, palsies of cranial nerves VII and VIII, meningitis, cerebral abscess, lateral sinus thrombosis, and chronic otitis media (permanent perforation of the tympanic membrane). Patients can get cholesteatomas (a destructive, expanding growth consisting of desquamated keratin) with marginal perforations. Treat cholesteatomas with surgical excision.
CHAPTER 3 n Ear, Nose, and Throat 25 Figure 3-1 Magnetic resonance image revealing an acoustic neuroma (arrow). Otitis Externa (Swimmer's Ear) Otitis externa is most commonly caused by infection with Pseudomonas aeruginosa. Manipulation of the auricle produces pain; the skin of the auditory canal is erythematous and swollen. Patients might have foul-smelling discharge and conductive hearing loss. , fluoroquinolone drops). Topical steroids can reduce swelling. Otitis Media Otitis media is most commonly caused by infection with Streptococcus pneumoniae, Haemophilus influenzae, and Moraxella catarrhalis.
Watch for tetany after thyroid surgery. Rare causes are genetic. Watch for DiGeorge syndrome in children with c ongenital absence of the parathyroid glands, tetany in the first 48 hours of life, an absent thymus gland, immunodeficiency, cardiac anomalies, and midline facial defects. HYPERPARATHYROIDISM The symptoms and signs of hyperparathyroidism are the same as those for hypercalcemia (“bones, stones, groans, and psychiatric overtones”). In primary cases, serum calcium is high, phosphorus is normal to low, and parathyroid hormone (PTH) is increased.